1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Have You Met Ms. Jones" Me + Fender Jazz + backing track

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by WillBuckingham, Mar 4, 2008.

1. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Here's me playing the beautiful standard "Have You Met Ms. Jones" with a Jamie Aebersold play-along. Bass is recorded direct + a little reverb.

Feedback is appreciated

:bassist:

www.myspace.com/willbuckingham

----

Thanks Lesfunk!

2. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Where do I click?

3. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Update!

I've added another tune -"Lester Leaps In"- so check that out too. I'm having so much fun with my new Boss-BR600 home studio. More tunes on the way!

4. me like!

5. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Burnin', man! I especially liked your phrasing in the first quarter of your solo, it seemed very vocal and natural. Consider some of your licks 'stolen' ;-) Keep up the good work!

--Lee

6. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words. Most of my (good) licks are straight outta Bird solos, so you're not stealing them from me!

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Nice playing!!!! I love bebop on electric bass and your tone and playing are great.

Will

8. +1.... great.. wonderful tone, very nice phrasing, etc. Very nice!

9. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Thanks for the positive comments!

I was really digging the recorded tone here too. It's just my passive jazz bass with Bartolini 9CBJD's split coil "Classic Bass Series" jazz pickups with the bridge and tone dimed and the neck pickup off.

I love the recorded tone but trying to get a good tone live is really tough as they don't have the mids or low mids of hotter modern pickups, so I wind up boosting the mids live and I find it difficult to get a full tone that cuts through without the sounding honky.

I'm working on more tunes so check back soon!

-Will

10. Good work Will!

Indeed solo bass is much different than in a mix.

11. That bass sounds GREAT!!!

12. artfahie

artfahie Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bar Mills, Maine
    You are an unreal and lyrical player... forget the slapping, popping, slashing (?) and the rest... you've got it cold. Lesson over. God rest Ray Brown. :cool:

13. Nice job! Keep up the good work.

14. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    New tune: George Gershwin's "Soon".

Thanks for listening and leaving all the supportive comments.

:bassist: