1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Have you seen the new G&L with 2 J pick-up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pantografo64, Feb 13, 2001.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I saw that but what really piqued my interest was something they did not put in there - a semi-hollow ASAT bass. Unfortunately the link to it is dead now.

2. Wasn't the original SB-2 also a 2 single coil bass? The pickups were Leo's new Magnetic Field Design singles I think (the bigger looking ones).

This new JB-2 is obviously G&L's attempt to cater to people who don't want to stray too far from Leo's older designs. It's probably a really good thing since people won't be able to keep accusing G&L's of not sounding 'exactly' like Fenders.

Just look at that picture of that JB-2 - how could anyone not want that bass ?!!! :)

3. Harpo

Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    They do not hold there value so I just can not wait to
    somebody buys one than sells it for half they price they
    paid because nobody famous plays it.

I picked up a very nice 99 slightly used tabbaco sunburst
    L-2000 for 625.00 with a birdseye maple neck it is the
    best bass I have ever owned .

4. :)

[​IMG]

:)

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    They better make a 5 string version or I'll be mighty upset!!!

6. Well I don't want it, not with that fretboard, not with that flamed top, not in that colour and not in a high gloss finish.
    This is a piece of jewelery, not a bass.

Bert

7. Yes, well the beauty of G&L's is the huge range of finishes and other features available. You can get a very plain finish with an alder body if that's what you like with a few different fingerboard options.

If you want plain black, it is available (and cheaper).

The other one in this pic is a little more traditional looking, for example.

[​IMG]