Have you seen the new G&L with 2 J pick-up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pantografo64, Feb 13, 2001.

1. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I saw that but what really piqued my interest was something they did not put in there - a semi-hollow ASAT bass. Unfortunately the link to it is dead now.
  2. Wasn't the original SB-2 also a 2 single coil bass? The pickups were Leo's new Magnetic Field Design singles I think (the bigger looking ones).

This new JB-2 is obviously G&L's attempt to cater to people who don't want to stray too far from Leo's older designs. It's probably a really good thing since people won't be able to keep accusing G&L's of not sounding 'exactly' like Fenders.

Just look at that picture of that JB-2 - how could anyone not want that bass ?!!! :)
  3. Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    They do not hold there value so I just can not wait to
    somebody buys one than sells it for half they price they
    paid because nobody famous plays it.

I picked up a very nice 99 slightly used tabbaco sunburst
    L-2000 for 625.00 with a birdseye maple neck it is the
    best bass I have ever owned .
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    They better make a 5 string version or I'll be mighty upset!!!
  5. Well I don't want it, not with that fretboard, not with that flamed top, not in that colour and not in a high gloss finish.
    This is a piece of jewelery, not a bass.

6. Yes, well the beauty of G&L's is the huge range of finishes and other features available. You can get a very plain finish with an alder body if that's what you like with a few different fingerboard options.

If you want plain black, it is available (and cheaper).

The other one in this pic is a little more traditional looking, for example.