Have you seen these Amazing Foderas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Christian Houmann, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    that second one is awesome
  2. Oh man I've always wanted to play that Goines bass and now it's only 80 miles away! MUST RESIST!!!!!!!!!!
  3. The first one is beautiful, just beautiful. I'd love to take that one for a testdrive! :hyper:
  4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Within the span of a couple of weeks last spring, I heard two bassists playing Emperors, one a fiver and one a six. They are, without question, the best sounding active basses I've ever heard. Very organic and powerful, with growl to spare.
  5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +100!!!! :bassist:
  6. Yes, amazing basses Christian!
    I had the chance to play Hou's two Foderas and I love those basses!
    They are for me not the best sounding ones, but among best sounding ones!
  7. 80 miles?!?! You're lucky - I'm only 20 miles away :help:

*Note to Self: Stay away from BassNW*
  8. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Oh, will you guys quit complaining already and just go there already! :D

...and let the rest of us know how frikkin' good these instruments are... :meh:
  9. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
  10. Oh no. Last time I was there, I played an Elrick through a full Epifani stack (for at least 45 minutes) and now I'm ruined for life. Untill I can spend 4 grand on that amp stack :eek:

Nothing sounds the same now - that Epifani rig was incredible.
  11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  12. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  13. must....re.sist..tem.p.tation...

ggaaahhh :help:
  14. jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    well, ive acually been there, and seen those basses in person, but my unworthy hands werent fit to touch such a masterpiece, lol
    I was just visiting in seattle on vacation though i really live in North Carolina, but i do love the array of Alembics there, i was drooling even after i left the store.(ohh the gas attacks)

15. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Fife, WA
    1 hour ferry ride.....(that's what I'm telling myself)....just one hour away........must resist........fight the calling....... :help:
  16. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Beautiful basses!
    Sorry for going off-topic, but I'd really like to know if any of you guys knows how much a piece of koa that could be used as a body would approximately cost? I heard koa is very expensive..?
  17. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I was about to post "Mark Beem gonna flip over that first one :)" hehe
  18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

Considering you could get an entire bass made out of Koa by Carvin, it shouldn't be too bad. What do you consider expensive? Carvin charges $100 for a bookmatched Koa top.

One thing to keep in mine... a builder's idea of "expensive" and yours might be very different, meaning what seems expensive to them may not be to you.