Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you seen this bear?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I was watching tv a few weeks back when I saw this Toys R Us commercial, advertising some stoned-looking bear. I think it could walk or move by itself or something, I don't know...Anyways, I've looked everywhere on the internet for it but its very difficult considering the fact that I don't even know what the bear is called..so people, if you know the identity of this bear I'm talking about...PLEASE do tell and if you don't know, could you ask your small brother or sister..or your nephew even. Thanks.

2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I haven't seen the commercial, but it might have been a bear from the movie where the little bear runs away and joins the big bear rock band, I just can't remember what it is called.

3. Brother Bear?

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Actually that was the Country Bears. It is one of three films the Disney folks put out lately that were inspired by rides at their amusement parks.

The other ones were Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion.

Strangely enough, only 'Mansion' really sucked.

5. Sorry Airsick, I haven't seen the bear you're looking for - I'm still waiting for my pal fuzzy~wuzzy to come home. He took my ultra-light again, AND AGAIN, ran out of gas and crashed in the woods.

http://www.cloudline.org/2001/August/4m/Fence5 .jpg

I did get a brief cell phone call from him on Saturday night; I asked him, "Where are you?" He said, "In the forest." :rolleyes:

Then we got cut off. Some nice forest ranger will bring him back home, as always, I'm sure. :D

I'll let you guys know what happens as soon as I hear anything.

Bear with me. :eek:

Mike :D

6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

That was preventable, fire info...

7. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    No problem, guys. Appreciate the help and no its not Brother Bear. It can't be..they look so much prettier and cuter than Brother Bear. These bears have stoned-looking eyes like they're on drugs or something. I've looked through the Toys R Us website but I couldn't find it. Maybe I should email them.

8. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Was it a Teddy Ruxpin?

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I remember those. I always wanted to put a music cassette into the bear and see if his mouth would move with the vocalist. If it would work I would totally be making video clips of Teddy Ruxpin doing say, Rob Zombie.: :D

10. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    It could be a Teddy Ruxpin, I did a search and saw a bunch of pictures but the eyes on these Ruxpins don't look dopey enough and they seem to be produced in the '80s. If they're vintage bears, Toys R Us wouldn't feature them in commercials, would they(assuming that they still have 'em)?