1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Have you seen this man?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jared Lash, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Word is that he has a posse . . .

13_resize.

2. Yup. Word is he's 7'4", 520 lbs,

Sheppard is a hero of mine.

Go grab "supply and demand". Worth the money. OBEY!

3. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    My friend (and roommate at the time) MonGo is good friends with Shepard and helped with the creation and distribution of the early posters and stickers. Shepard crashed at our place in Berkeley when he was in the Bay Area. I still have a signed remake of the Let It Be poster with Andre replacing the Beatles.

I didn't think much of the album (and I'm somewhat of a fan) but the new Smashing Pumpkins artwork was done by Shepard.

4. yeah, I just like his linestyle, stencil work, and color schemes...he's done alot of high proofile lately, including the "Walk the Line" poster for said movie.... the Zeitgiest cover is the only thing I like about that Pumkins record.

That's cool that you've met him / know of him..admittedly I got into his work kinda late, but that's not important....I just appreciate what he does, and what his work represents, much like I enjoy what Banksy does...(guerrilla propaganda).

Well done...I do think the Andre thing is played out tho. :)

5. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    It's funny that you mention Banksy. I was going to ask you if you knew of him or liked his work. Last summer I got a free trip to Europe as a chaperone for the high school I worked for. One of my favorite kids (a senior girl) was really into Banksy and just flipped out when we came across some freshly done work in London.

Back in '96 (my first year of college) MonGo got a HUGE box of Andre stickers and we made it our duty to put them everywhere we could. Every time I go back to Berkeley I look for (and find) a few of the ones I put up still in place.

I was hoping that this thread would be a little more mysterious, but since Mon already has the goods on Obey (nee Giant) I suppose we can talk guerrilla art for anyone who is interested.

6. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    I saw either a sticker or a flyer at the local music store that has the pic and it says something about a posse.....

7. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Did it look like this?
    posse.

8. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Banksy

banksy_boy_470x340.