Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you seen this yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ThePez, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Another anti-label movement. I don't nessessarly agree with this, but found it very interesting...and pretty darn funny! :D

Full Story: Click Here.

[​IMG]

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  3. Are they trying to stop people from purchasing CD's?

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    seems that way, which is heinous because people not buying CDs is only going to jack up the prices :(

oh well, I'm through with CDs, iTMS for me all the way!

5. just curious, with itunes (that is what iTMS is right WR?) once you buy the song are you allowed to download it any number of times or just once? say you had a hard drive crash, would you have to buy your music again?

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    as far as I know, yes, but I haven't really explored that, I do know that iTunes keeps track of purchased music on your account.

Once you download a song(or album) you are allowed to put it on unlimited iPods, burn 10 Cds, and authorize 3 different computers to play it.

I know that if you download a couple songs from an album, then choose to download the album as a whole later it will only snag the tracks you don't have, so they do keep tabs on it like that.

as far as a static policy for lost stuff, I don't know it, I have heard that it's fairly easy to contact iTMS and tell them what happened, they are usually understanding, from what I understand, but I could be totally wrong :p

7. on topic: why would stores allow those labels to be put on? im sure those things piss off the labels to no end as well...

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, it looks like it's a guerilla tactic, and I'm sure it pisses off people that work stocking shelfs and stuff, because they are probably told to remove them.

9. This is good, but bad.

I'm against the RIAA 99%, and people need to know what they are doing!

WR, what you say is true, but the consumer have been ripped while sales would be at record heights!

If people don't buy the CD's, the price goes up. But in reality the CD's will be bought, when affordable.

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Yeah, but they won't become affordable if people keep stealing music! :p

it's a crazy spiral, that really stinks, and the only escape is to goto the iTMS :D

well, any download service really, but I honestly think iTMS is the best, most straight forward, and easiest.

People tell me how they like that 'having a CD' experience, but that's BS, they like it for like...2 minutes, then it becomes a paperweight, once it's on your computer at least.

sure some people aren't tech savvy and don't rip all their music, but, the ever growing trend is against them.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've seen it, and if you ask me it's bull. But then ask me about radio stations, that's bull too. I generally just by my CD's, and the rest is internet based. I use Kazaa to sample, find new bands but I always buy the CD's. I use Kazaa the way Napster was intended to, and I've discovered many good bands this way. I generally perform wearing a Napster tshirt as a supporter of internet file sharing. If it wasn't for Napster, I wouldn't have heard of half of my favorite bands these days. Besides, if you really think about it, it's just like taping off the radio, isn't that stealing too? Anyway, let's not get me too outraged.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    [​IMG]

Support file sharing!

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Heinous.

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    gah! damnit I did it again.

15. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    that's what i don't ****ing get man. nobody ( a lot of people ) don't buy cd's because of the high prices, so if they would just lower them, then more people would buy them. like with file sharing (itunes, napster) i think that $10 flat is good :D.

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

eh? napster is dead, in no way is the new napster anything like the old one at all, they are just using the image to get popularity. It's not even owned by the same people.

and it's not exactly file sharing either, because you aren't sharing the file with other users, you are buying it from a store.

17. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    uh. don't people buy music from the itunes store :p.

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I never said you didn't

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Oh, I know, but to me, Napster will forever be the face of file sharing. People know it for what it was, not is. That cat will always symbolize internet piracy. LOL!