1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Have you sold an Eden cab and regretted it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by smcgov, Jan 23, 2012.

1. smcgov

smcgov Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Northshore Mass
    I have gas...both kinds actually, I recently bought an Aguilar gs212 and had intended to pair it with a gs210...this would replace my Eden 4ohm xlt and my thinking was that I would them have instead of a 4x10 and a 2x10 for small gigs, I would have one rig that would be more modular.

I haven't even been able to hear the gs212 yet, but have had some trepidation about selling the 410xlt. I'm wondering if there are folks out there who have sold their Eden cabs and then regretted it later? I bought it new like 12 years ago in Dallas and I've played some really big gigs with it and it's always held up. But I'm finding I want to purge gear and change things up, just because I'm getting bored..which I've never done before. I have a Crest CA-6/Demeter vtb201s/Sansamp RBI for reference.

2. Firesalt

Firesalt Is good enough. Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    I had an Eden Nemesis 115 combo (250w blue) that I regret selling. Granted it wasn't big enough for what I was doing at the time but I really miss the great tone I used to get with it. It was deep and warm and fit in the trunk of my Civic coupe.
    If you don't have to get rid of one than you should keep it. Wrap it up and store it for a while until you decide whether you like the other one or not.

3. bassmantj

bassmantj

Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah I had a CXC210 for a while. it was a great cab for my use - church gigs - but when we moved I had no use for it. So I still have no use for it but I loved the sound of it.

4. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I totally regret selling my Nemesis N28S combo, I didn't need it when I sold it, but I've come to realize it was probably the perfect practice amp for me.

5. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I had a 4ohm 212XLT Eden cabinet that I had gotten as a single cab to handle basically any gig, which it did well. Sold it when I thought I wanted to go a different direction with things, and really wish I still had it. Now I have a Genz Benz NeoX212T and I am really digging this thing, so I won't make the same mistake, but every now and then I see a 212XLT for sale and really start to drool!!!

6. Nope... I like my Eden cab. (D210 xlt) Won't sell it. So, I will never have to regret selling it. :D

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Eden Nemesis RS115 Combo and matching extension cab. That thing sounded killer.

They goofed up with the RS115 combo. All of the other combos were 4 ohm with a series out so you could add a cab (410 212 etc). They made the 115 combo 8ohm with a series out instead of parallel so you ran the combo at 16ohm with an extension. It dropped the wattage to almost unusable. I would have kept it if it wasn't for that and the side mount handles. Killed the back, but the tone. My goodness the tone.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nope. Never owned one to be able to sell, but if I did, I would surely sell it ;)

9. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I had a great 410 XLT back before Eden was sold. It was a great cab and I ran it with a Navigator Pre and power amp. At the time I was in the Army and lived in a 2nd floor apt.... that was a no go the first time I tried to bring it home at 2AM. Traded it for two SWR Goliath Jrs. Dont regret getting rid of it but it was a great sounding rig..... I would get another now that I live in a house but with an 810, 2 410's and a 210 (all SWR Goliath Series) I think I am good.

10. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I will always have a love for my D-410XLT.....but do not miss the weight
    Very happy with my Epifani UL 410 it replaced

11. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    The same here!

12. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Sorry guys...I was just kidding...not a fan but a lot of people like them, so if you're one of them and you think you'll want to use it again, keep it.

13. I regret selling my wt405, but not enough to buy another one

14. I sold my Eden 210XLT cab a few years ago, and I don't miss it at all. The sound was ok, but just the friggin' cab weighed in at over 60lbs!! My Mesa Walkabout Scout combo weighs in at under 40lbs—and it sounds a hundred times better!!

I sometimes forget that I ever owned the Eden.

I do, however, regret selling my trusty little all tube Fender Bassman 20 combo.

15. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Had two 410XLT's, sold 'em because the tweeters went out in both of them and they weren't even being driven hard. Went and bought a Randall V410XL(800watts@ 8ohms) and it blows the Edens COMPLETELY out of the water......who'd of thought? Getting another one next month

16. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    I'm going to say yes. I like the way they sound. I haven't played through aggies, though. I understand why you're bored. It's happened to me plenty of times. It's all part of the journey ! The good news is you can always pick another one up used for a few hundred as I'm sure you know.

17. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    Your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me, young Luke ! Lol !

18. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    It's TRUE, and I am still tripping a little. I actually went to try out a GK1001RBII head. When I got to the music store there was this young kid playing though the head...hooked up to the Randall. I had to do a double take and check my ears, it was just amazing, clean, thick punchy and LOUD with a sweet sounding high register. I mustv'e played at LEAST 8 basses through it from high end to dirt cheap before I could believe it, I even plugged up other heads through it. A Trace Elliot and a Carvin BX500...still BANGIN'...I had to take it with me. Had it for about a month now and totally satisfied. If you're not into hi-fi sounding cabs, its not for you...but Edens ARE very hi-fi sound soooo....

19. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Eden puts too many bricks in their cabinets for my tastes:p

20. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    I use to own a lot of Eden cabs. I got tired of dealing with the POS casters so I got rid of them and went with a brand that actually cares about their products.