1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have You Tried The New Low End True Voice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LongHairFreak, Feb 28, 2008.

1. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Hey TB Brothers & Sisters

So far, there's only been two made in this new production and I grabbed one of them. I've been waiting for it for quite some time. I know Brian took one of the two made to NAM '08, but I've heard of nobody checking it out.

Did anyone see it or try it out while at NAM? I'm really looking for reviews/observations.

I've not put a review on TB yet because of two reasons.
    1) I've only got a SX fretless P to play through it and I'm not really very good w/a fretless.
    2) I've got no pics!! So it doesn't exist, right? ;)

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I played one a few weeks back, it may have been yours, I didn't spend a ton of time with it, but it did sound great. I have one of the original true-voice pres that I use in my rig that I love.

3. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Hey ldiezman, how'd the new model compare to the one you've been using? Any actual sonic differences?

Anybody else check out this latest version??

4. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    I tried out the new True Voice earlier this month. I have to say that Brian is great to work with. I ended up returning the True Voice and he was really cool about it.

I was looking for another studio pre choice. The TV just didn't work great for my studio needs.

However, as a front end to a power amp/cabinet set-up the TV RULES! I tried it in a variety of configurations and it always sounded awesome. Really straight forward 3 band eq with a bright switch, low boost, and active/passive switch. The low end on the TV is huge. Also the available output is really high. I only had to turn the volume up 30% to properly drive my amps.

The new TV's look a lot more "professional" and finished than the older version. The eq flexibility is a big improvement as well, in my opinion. It's a great little unit that I would have kept if I wanted to use it as a front end for a power amp. While it wasn't right for my studio needs, others may find that it's perfect!

Again, props to Brian at The Low End for excellent customer service and having such a unique product!