1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Haven't played much in a while...that's gotta change.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by eyemanoddwon, Mar 26, 2013.

1. eyemanoddwon

eyemanoddwon

Mar 26, 2013
    California
    Musically, I started out on the piano very young, but after cycling through other instruments I found my home on the bass. I loved it and played constantly from my teens until my early 20's. Electric and upright. I had some amazing private instructors and did some higher education, but dropped out to do the music thing full time...the band I was in was getting ready to start heavily touring, but I unexpectedly became a father and everything changed. I chose to stay and be a dad instead of live the life of a rock star. No regrets, though...I went to my son's middle school music concert earlier today and I couldn't be happier to be a part of his life. I wonder sometimes, though...seeing their success over the years.

The thing is, when I left the band I sorta stopped playing bass. It's like going through a difficult break-up and it takes time to heal before you're ready to move on. It's just taken me about a dozen years. I've stuck to playing the piano on my own here and there over the years, but not much bass at all. I need to change that. I have my upright, I have a couple electric basses, and I have an amp...it sorta sucks, but oh well.

Anyways, I'm going to start taking bass seriously again. I'm ready to begin searching for a band again, for a musical family, a community. I'm just a bit rusty and could use some help gettin back on my feet. That's how I came across you folks. So, here I am :hyper:

2. pumpkinking39

pumpkinking39

Sep 14, 2011
    Good for you to decide to get back into bass! And welcome to the community! If you don't mind me asking, what was the name of the band you were in?

3. eyemanoddwon

eyemanoddwon

Mar 26, 2013
    California
    Thanks pumpkinking! Actually, I'd prefer not to say who the band is at the moment. I'm new to these forums and it's sorta annoying being known by my past achievements instead of who I am now...I've dealt with that a bunch in the real world locally and I'd rather sorta keep anonymity online. I left before they got onto a major label, so I was never in the spotlight myself, but they are phenomenal musicians with pretty fanatical followers.

I guess I'll stay shrouded in mystery for a while...:ninja:

:)