Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

having just one beautiful bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Oct 7, 2005.

1. It's like I'm obsessed right now. NO! I am obsessed.

I'm in between buying a new bass and selling an old favorite. Maybe two old favorites. Ill be left with only the new one....................................... For now. Im constantly on the computer and in Music stores searching for the right one. I forgot that I even have a bass to play. Thats how obsessed Ive been. Does any body have just one bass?. An old stand by? No need for more than the one baby?

Taqht may just be me soon. :meh:

2. If I had more money I would have at least one more bass. I do have two, and it is a nice thing to have. I have one that I mainly play, but I feel it is necessary to have a backup, even if they are different in style and don't sound or play anything alike, I feel that if something goes wrong with my main one and I have to buy a new one, or wait a few weeks to have it fixed, I don't want to be left out of the playing world. IMHO it is necessary to have 2, but I did have only 1 for 4 years and did ok... I guess it all depends...

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have 2, but i only play one. Ever since i got my sterling, my godin has been in its case, im not even sure if the input jack even works anymore (i was about to replace it when i got the sterling.)

So i essentially have one bass.

4. I've been going back and forth from my old P-Bass and my new Godin. They are very different instuments which is nice. When I want the punchy sound, I use the P-Bass, when I want the fretless sound I use the Godin. Plus the Godin is a 5 sting so the extended scales are fun to play with.

5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I'm down to 4 at the moment and I can't see going much below that, but really, I only play one, my FBB fretless 6. I have a fretted 4 and a fretless 4 that rarely see any playing time, and I have a 7 that I've been fooling around with. But 95% of the time, it's the 6 .........

I could do it with that one bass if I had to ....... :cool:

6. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I like steak, but on every night. I love the dynamics of all my different basses and play them on different ocasions. I only have three at the moment, ( Modulus Q5, Spector Euro 5, Fender Am. Dlx. P bass 4) I have decided to stop selling my basses and collect them. If I want a new bass I will save for it. Be careful what you sell, you might regret it. I regret selling one of my basses, it was a 95 Fender American jazz. It was the first quality bass I ever purchased and I miss it. Unless you dont like the basses, dont sell them.

7. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Amen brother,
    Why I sold my MTD 535, my Burnt Apple Stingray, or my Aggie DB359..... I still don't know. I'll plead temporary insanity. :crying:

8. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    O.K. one more, I sold my Black Sparkle stingray that I waited 4 agonizing months for, and it is now discontinued . :bawl:

9. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I still have a pic. :bawl:

[​IMG]

10. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I have 4 basses right now. My first bass, an old 5 string squier that I refinished and that I dont use, a Geddy Lee Jazz, and my SX P-bass that was completely modded by Hambone, which get equal play, and a Musicman Sterling thats on order right now. If you could do with just one bass I'd say more power to ya, but I really like having alot of vaiety in the looks and sounds of the basses I play.

11. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Dude you have two great basses in your profile. If I had a Fender MM I would even think about getting rid of it.
    You should do what I have been doing latley. I keep telling myself at work that I don't need another bass. Because I know since I cant afford to get another bass right now if I got rid of the ones I have now to get another one I will regret it.
    It has been working so far.

12. kolz

kolz

May 17, 2005
    aahh thats when my dad bought me a squier p-bass worth...nothing, well it worth like less than 100 bucks at that time. 6 years later, 2005, 3 weeks ago, i am so want a new bass, coz its really breaking apart, the pickup starts to rust, well its because im not cleaning it entirely, so I forgot I have a bass, and hunt for a new one, and i got it immediately, impulsively show them my mastercard, and off I go with my new one =)

13. After selling my Alembic Orion I've got 'just' TWO beautiful basses. I'm completely satisfied at the moment, the frequent G.A.S. attacks have almost completely disappeared and I'm really moving on to another level, setting my priorities straight. Improving my technique, music, creativity have become more important and there's money in the bank, instead of burning a hole in my pocket. It feels great!

14. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    All I have is my FBB 6'er. We have become one since the day I picked it up. :)

Although there is a certain MIA Jazz I am GAS'in for. :help: