1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Having Level 42-inspired GAs attack- headless basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Further to my previous thread over in Miscellaneous, it seems that my Level 42 fandom has given me a new attack of GAs- headless basses.

Major problem is that I've never found one which isn't either a Steinberger or which isn't a hugely expensive custom-built bass.

If I could find something under $1000 or so, this would be amazing. But I'd be also interested to see what companies out there actually offer headless basses.

2. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Washburn made a pretty sexy Status copy... I haven't got the faintest idea how expensive they are, but I imagine they're cheaper than the actual Status model they copy... Thank God they're headless or the GAS would be unbearable!

washburnheadless.

Damn GAS! I just found one, natural walnut colour, for $300 and a 2 hour drive! Nutz! C'mon Christmas bonus!!!

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

YOu're in UK and you can't find a used Status for less than 1000?

4. Morkolo

Morkolo

Aug 11, 2003
    Newfoundland
    I would be all over that.... I wouldn't even have it in the door before it would have a good run through Mr. Pink, Hot Water, Lessons in Love.... too many to list. :D

5. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    The Chant Has Begun!

6. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Used status bass would be ideal. the washburn lisenced one as 2nd best choice imo. Alvarez also made a nice headless with full size body back in the mid 80's that would be great score for used to imo.

7. I've looked but I'm still looking for one that isn't stupidly priced.

Hey, I like it! Funky colour too.

This is funnily enough the song I'm learning right now...

(on drums!)

8. I'm sure someone will chime in with more details, but it was licsensed under Status.

9. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    With the strong pound you should be able to pick up a used Vinny for not stupid amounts of money.

10. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    PBC made some really great headless basses for a sweet price. look around for a used one.

11. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK