Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

having major problems correctly intonating

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by All_¥our_Bass, Jun 17, 2005.

1. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    its like no matter how much I turn the screws it doent do anything.
    the tuner's still got the little needle going ot the same spot, no matter how much I adjust it. The only string taht is set up "perfectly" is the D (I have a 4 string bass strung EADG). Any ideas?

2. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    it seems it just takes mopre turns than id thought to change it. I thought it would be about as sensitive as the tuners but I was wrong. My bass is now perfectly intonated. Took long enough though-2 1/2 hours for 4 strings.

3. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Yes, keep turning. The g string saddle on my new 98 Fender AM P bass took some major moving before it was perfectly intonated. The saddle is about even with the d saddle now, but all notes are in tune. :D

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    If it's a standard stamped bridge, you may want to move the saddle directly by pushing on it while turning the screw. The pressure from the string can cause the saddle to remain in the same place otherwise.