1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Having some fun with My Fav. Things

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by xolin, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Here's my combo having fun tossing around my favourite things...

My Favorite Things

It was late at night and we had a few mins of spare time to record so I said, "Hey, let's mash away at My Favourite Things...no sheet music...meh, doesnt matter..."...

Cheers.

2. SoCalStu

SoCalStu

Apr 19, 2006
    hmm don't get much of it. I didnt really like the Coltrane one though. a bit much for me. interesting solo, I don't mind it sounds like you guys were having fun.

*Im just hearing it again. It's totally cool, actually. Ha. You guys are conversing well. It's not what Im used to but theres such a mix of styles between the artists. And your bass seems to adjust to each artists approach in a really inventive way. Really simple. Awe I like it a lot. A chill back with the headphones, listen, and relax tune.

3. Ha, at least you listened again! Thanks ;)

Here're a couple more:

You'd Be So Nice [to come home to]
    Cantaloupe Island

4. Big nebula

Big nebula

Feb 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Listened to about two and a half minutes and decided that it was hurting me.

5. Yeah, for the first half of the song I was just trying out different progressions on the fly....and the melodist was also trying stuff. We weren't really concerned with much but having fun with it. It also gets better IMO after 3 min mark.
    The other songs were also one take, but much more on form.

But, hey...I even liked the guitar solos in Black Flag songs :)

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Xolin, do you go to UoT by any chance?

7. How'd you guess? :smug:

8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    So are you a music student there, or another program?

EDIT: That's also a question about the other guys in the group.

9. We are all life science, math, computer or Political science students.

The combo was pretty much made so that non-music students could just come by and play jazz.