Having trouble selling this Hartke HA3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spirit of Ox, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Spirit of Ox

Spirit of Ox Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    I can for the life of me get rid of this amp. It's a solid head in mint condition with a vinyl cover.
    I had it Craigslist for 225.00, no hits.
    I have it listed on Ebay at what I think it market value. Yeah if you live on the west coast shipping will be high but it's still a good price for a good amp.
    Can any of you experienced gear sellers give me some advice?
    Here's is the listing. If anyone's interested, I'll sell it here via classifieds.

Hartke HA3500 Bass Amplifier Head | eBay

2. $1 reserve.

3. Spirit of Ox

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    No, bad idea. I'm just trying to get 2-250 for it. I even have a Best offer feature on it.

4. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    It's an older Hartke .. People will try to beat you over the head for it.. I would list it for $200, a fair price if in good condition.

Spirit of Ox likes this.
  5. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    with shipping, a buyer will have to pay 302.48 for it when they can get it new for $399.99 - that's a savings of just about 25% for a used, no warranty item - to me, it wouldn't be worth it. have you tried selling it locally so you aren't asking shipping?

also your listing doesn't tell anything about it. my ads always do best with a list of features, a little info about the item first, and whether it's been kept in a no-smoking environment.

Spirit of Ox and Munjibunga like this.
  6. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    You can buy this used with a 2 year extended warranty from guitar center used for about $200 and $6 shipping.

Few people want big amps anymore.

Munjibunga likes this.
  7. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    It always sounds like I'm being a jerk but,

it's only worth what someone will pay. You can value it anywhere from free to an infinite amount of dollars. Certain people may chime in and say that's a reasonable, or acceptable value for it.... but the person who offers to put the largest amount of dollar bills in your hand is the one that really sets what it's worth.

I used to own that head. 12 years ago I paid $230 for it used from a music store. Sold it for around the same amount. Keep it in circulation on CL and maybe you'll find someone eventually.

DaveDeVille and Spirit of Ox like this.
  8. Check out the sold listings on ebay & see the prices those amps have been selling for. I think you need to lower your price, add more info and fix the pic of the back of amp. It's upside down..

Spirit of Ox likes this.
  9. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    I sold the same head in 2001 for $210 bucks on Ebay, but shipping was like $20 then.

blubass and Spirit of Ox like this.
  10. deathness

deathness

Jan 19, 2015
    BKLYN
    If you're adamant about the price, all you can do is be patient. I'm always listing stuff on my local cl, the constant ebb and flow of gear. I do my best to price fairly and I don't mind losing a few bucks on something for the opportunity to really demo something in different environments. I'm not interested in negotiating price and state as much in my listing. Some things go as soon as I list them. Some things have sat for more than a year before selling. I like that Hartke amp, played one for many years many years ago, but not sure I would pay that much but someone might.

Spirit of Ox likes this.
  11. Spirit of Ox

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    I changed it to 219 plus 25.00 shipping. I rotated the one photo and changed the title adding that it comes with a vinyl cover.
    If I don't get 200 for this amp than I might as well it keep it. Not a big demand for these full size heads anymore. I have a Fender Rumble 500 that weighs 5llbs and has almost as much power as my 40llb Hartke LH500 (no I won't sell the LH).
    These micro Class D amps are just killing the amp market.

12. Spirit of Ox

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    Speaking of Hartke, and I think I may have asked you this, Is the TX600 as powerful as the LH500? Hell, is it as powerful as the HA3500 I'm selling?

13. +1.
    I recently sold my buddy's BMX bike frame after having it listed almost 10 months.

14. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    There is one locally in an SKB case for 200.00.

15. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    actually you lowered the price and increased the shipping. here it is copy/pasted:

Shipping:
    $90.16 Economy Shipping

Stinsok likes this.
  16. Spirit of Ox

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    Woah, how did that happen? I edited to set it at 25.00 flat rate for anyone.

17. Spirit of Ox

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    Looks like the changes weren't saved to I revised it again. If you wouldn't mind clicking on it to confirm it that would be cool. You're on the west coast so that 90.00 was calculated.

18. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    Shipping:
    $25.00 Standard Shipping | See details

Ships to:
    United States

Spirit of Ox likes this.
  19. clicheband

clicheband

May 4, 2009
    Here's my advice to you, take it out of the housing it's in, put it in a skb type case where you can enclosed both sides and it would look more attractive

Attached Files:

20. Spirit of Ox

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    Problem is this generation of the HA3500 doesn't have rack ears and Hartke doesn't even make them for this model. I personally asked Larry and he suggested I try to find some universal fit rack ears. I ended up getting a set and they didn't match the hole pattern on the side.
    I figured I that point i will leave it in the stock enclosure and call it a day. I used to have the 90's model like the one in your picture.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022