Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

havona tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Chip, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Chip

Chip

May 2, 2000
    i've decided to try to do this song for my mid-year exam but i cant find the right tabs!
    i have about 3 different version of this song on tab, i dont know which one is correct and its confusing me alot!

could someone who has learnt this song show me a tab thats correct, or tell me a book i could buy that has the correct music in it

thanks for any help.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I understand this to be quite a problem with tabs; however, I would have to imagine that at least one of the tabs that you have is fairly close. Since there may not be a 100% accurate tab out there, and since most people here don't tab per request, I might suggest that you take the tab that's closest to what you think is right, and kind of fight through it with your ear. See if you can fix what's wrong about it on your own. It could be a very rewarding experience as well, and if you're successful, possibly you could contribute the correct tab.

Also, you would probably get a better response to this in the tab forum.

3. Chip

Chip

May 2, 2000
    yeah i think im going to have to work some of it out by ear
    but some of the runs and solo's in that song arent exaclty easy to work out

ps: didnt see that tab forum :bawl: :meh:

4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Whoa, what's this thread doin' here?
    Gotta go.............

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The book "Portrait of Jaco" has a complete transcription of the solo, which is very good and analysis of what Jaco is actually doing.