Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hawaii Bass Convention?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by nicklloyd, Sep 6, 2003.

1. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Fellers-
    There was some post, some where, with information regarding the 2004 Hawaii Bass Convention. Who's got the skinny?

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I talked to Byron Yasui and John Kolivas a couple monts back; they didn't know anything about the dates yet. The last one was in March of 2002, and it happens every two years, so...

I'll contact the O'ahu guys again and see if I can get you some info. You comin' our way?

3. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Well, I'm trying to stir up some interest with Jeff Bollbach and his/our buddy Mike Magee. (Mike is a luthier up near Traverse City, MI. He services the Interlochen crowd, among others. Great work.) It would be great to do a bass convention over yer way. And, I'd get to write the whole thing off my taxes!
    :D
    Not to mention also do some kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, drinking, and eating. If your buds Byron and John get any dates/venues settled, tell them to post it on Talkbass, and of course the ISB.

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Contrabass Festival,March 21-28, Honolulu. I'll post more info as it becomes available.