Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hawaiian bloody guitar shops.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by furtim, Dec 27, 2000.

1. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Don't these people stock anything special besides multi-strings? You'd think out of the 8ish shops I've visited in my quest, as least one would carry a fretless bass of SOME kind. I don't even care what brand, I just want to play one before I invest in one!

There has got to be at least one other islander on this forum. Have you ever seen a fretless bass on Oahu, whoever you are? Where? I've been to all the logical places, like Dan's Guitars, Music Mac, Harry's, etc.

All you folks who bad-talk the major chains take note: at least you've got a place to go with a truly wide selection. :(

2. does this mean your not coming to boston?
    if you still are maybe you should wait.

3. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Not until August, at the earliest. :) I can't wait that long just to get a bass! But rest assured I'll be in the GC up there as soon as I arrive to practice all my appalling slap riffs. ;)

4. funny, i was at GC today and smiled as i thought about that thread, as i watched a guy (not a kid) slapping a $2000 warwick plugged into a $40 crate amp

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I was in two different GC's today, and neither one had a single fretless bass on the wall.

6. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    WELL, BUGGER ME BLIND! :eek:

DAMN THE SLAPPERS TO HELL! I WANT MY BASSES SAN FETS! :mad:

Seriously, though, what's the deal? Why must these places cater to those lazy bastards who need more than four strings (not you, John! you know I love you! ;)) so they can play their patterns across the fingerboard without thinking without giving any space whatsoever to those artists among us who prefer the feel and control of fretless! Not that I'm calling myself an artist, but you know what I mean. ;)

Ugh. I'm probably gonna end up having to go out on a limb and mail-order the Fender Fretless I want. May the bass gods be with me on this one! :D