1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hayfever season is here! :-(

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Apr 21, 2009.

1. OK with the warmer weather come the flowers. My worst enemy.
    I've got hayfever and so at the moment any pollen makes my eyes water and makes me sneeze. I honestly look like I'm crying.

I hate flowers!

Any other people like this?

2. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Maybe you were crying after the Magpies this weekend?

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I lol'd.

Your life is unfortunate.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I certainly hope hayfever doesn't cause nausea or the inability to speak Eastern European languages.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This thread is a veiled attempt to invoke sympathy for how you endure hayfever instead of taking claritin like the rest of us who get hayfever.

6. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Does that work?

7. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    HA my sinuses are so swollen permanently that I'm immune!

8. Ya know, they make meds for that.

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
  10. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    do I hear the echoing, clarion tones of Johnny Marr in the background?

11. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Spring time is the worst time for my allergies. Luckily, they've gotten a whole lot better since I was a kid. I used to break out in hives, not be able to breathe, couldn't sleep at night....... And my old man would still kick the foot board of my bed at 7:00am on a Saturday and tell me to get my ass outside and mow the damn lawn!!! Ah! Good times.

These days my eyes just swell shut. Oddly enough, they seem to do it one at a time instead of both at once. I have prescription eye drops that don't really seem to make a whole lot of difference, but compared to the spring times I remember from my youth, this aint nothin!

12. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have suffered from hayfever my whole life. I have been diagnosed with what's called an "acute" reaction to pollen. I was prescribed claritin a long time ago, when it came out. It is the only medicine that doesn't make me drowsy, and completely clears up my symptoms. Before I was on Claritin, I would have never even dreamed of playing golf. I used to avoid grass like it was the plague. Now I'm a golf nut. Claritin has really been a positive impact in my life.

13. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  14. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
  15. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You may have used too much salt or water that was too hot. I'm telling you it works! You just have to get the right balance of salt and heat in the water. Once you figure that out, nothing will clean you out better.

16. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I've also learned how to snort water up my nose. I hold it until I can feel it dripping on the back of my throat and then I blow it out. I repeat. Cleans out my sinuses nicely

17. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Oh, don't get me wrong, it worked better than anything. I don't have allergies, and I really only use it when I'm sick, but I have a thing about not liking things stuck up my nose unless it's my finger. :p

But it does work. I just hate using it.

18. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI

I do that too! So did your old man make you mow the yard regardless of whether you swelled up while you were doing it?? God that sucked!

19. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You sound like you write copy for either weightloss tablet or tampon manufacturers

20. Fixed that for you. :ninja: