1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hazard a guess for me on this please.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Apr 24, 2010.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

As Realtor, I'm always in folks' houses. However this homeowner had, in his garage (only for a few weeks he said) a MM Stingray.

A 4-banger in good shape w/case. I thought it was natural, but it was actually a near lime colored finish inwhich the grain was still visible. Maple neck. I know MM's are of good quality, but any thoughts on an approximate value?

Original case, condition looked good+, no mods, did not see it all because I was there to evaluate the house. But still, it's an MM in a garage.

Thanks.

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    $700-900, but I would lowball him just to see what happens.

3. ditto

4. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Agreed with snyderz...assuming it's EBMM (Ernie Ball MusicMan) not a pre-EB (in which case it's worth much more...)

Was the color kind of like this:

[​IMG]

Jack, if you're on this thread, hope it's ok to post Heinz. It was the first one that entered my head. :)

Marshall

5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    What year is the bass? Two band EQ?

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yes, that's the color. It is a EBMM. 4-string.

7. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm with Snyderz, I'd say the $700 to $900 range...... Sounds interesting, why someone would leave a bass like that in the garage?