1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Haze basses on ebay? Anybody own or play one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ronbeast, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Hey guys and gals,

I was flicking through eBay and looking at some 5 strings when I came across an Australian seller that had a few "Haze" basses for sale. Link:
    Haze SPB-3214N 5-String Neck-thru Electric Bass Guitar Natural w/Free gig bag | eBay

I know they're probably just a re-branded instrument from a wholesaler, but the price doesn't seem too bad, the looks are nice and it's definitely my style of instrument.

Has anyone played one though? There are a few things that are off-putting; there appears to be a gap in the neck pickup route and something doesn't look quite right with the bridge. Just curious if anyone knows about them.

2. Bump. Anyone have any thoughts? Criticisms?

3. They look nice, idk about the shipping costs from AU to Canada though. That may change things for you.

4. Shipping would run about $100 for me, which in the grand scheme of things isn't terrible; I once had a bass shipped within Canada and that cost $75.

I'll probably email the seller and ask a few questions.

5. Yeah that wouldn't be too bad on shipping costs. They do look like pretty nicely built basses though (from what you can see in the pics posted on eBay)

6. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

For not much more you could find a used Warwick bolt on rockbass 5er and it would kick the crap outta that.

7. Plake

Plake Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Bridge sure looks off center. Almost looks like they ran out of room on the body to mount it. The G is almost off the neck. o_O

gebass6 likes this.
  8. I was looking at that too. It threw me off quite a bit. I still can't tell if the bridge is mounted sloppy, or if the bass is turned at a slight angle, making everything seem out of line.

9. Plake

Plake Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Yes. Same here. Its also off to th G using the center stripes also, pic #5, which im guessing are centered.

10. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

May 3, 2009
    N.E Illinois
    It has the same problem as Washburn Taurus basses.
    Bridges that are off center.
    It looks like the Haze bridge is just mounted crooked.
    While the Washburn has off center saddle slots. _57.JPG Snapshot_20160225_1.JPG

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  11. Pep

Pep Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I'm inclined to agree. I don't see a way you can reposition that bridge without running the "B" string dangerously close to the other edge of the neck. Is it worth taking that chance on a brand you know nothing about it? Walk away!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    TheMinutemen likes this.
  12. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    So you've played one of these? :D

gebass6 likes this.
  13. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

No but I can say knockoff. Plus a Warwick is a known quantity. I know those bridges too. They're cast zinc which is fine but the lugs that hold the balls are weak; several stories on TB where they've bent up under the tension and no longer hold the ball. I have one and theres no way I'd use it for anything but string through which mine is drilled for. Then there's the grover type knockoff Chinese tuners that are soft cast metal. No shortage of stories on TB of them imploding. Go ahead and gamble. It's your money.

14. The one knob is too close to the bridge.

15. Warwick RB would be a much better choice