1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HBs: Which is the best?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by red7flag, Nov 28, 2018.

1. red7flag

red7flag

Oct 25, 2017
    Dickson, TN
    I have a Lakland Skyline Hollowbody (long scale). I am curious as to how the Lakland compares to some of the other HBs out there. I am focusing on those currently being manufactured. Guild Starfire II, Gretch G5442 (long scale) and G5440 (short scale) and Epiphone Jack Casady. All seem to have there heritage from the Airplane, Dead and Byrds music history. Thanks in advance. Tony

2. red7flag

red7flag

Oct 25, 2017
    Dickson, TN
    Correction: Gretch short scale is G5442 and the Gretch long scale is G6550. My bad.

3. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

May 3, 2009
    N.E Illinois
    Take yours and go to any store and compare it to any you find.
    Your experience is far better than a thousand descriptions.

red7flag likes this.
  4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    The Lakland is very likely (even for an Asian made bass) far better than anything else out there IMO. What do you feel is a shortcoming of the Lakland that you are, apparently, looking for something else?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    red7flag likes this.
  5. red7flag

red7flag

Oct 25, 2017
    Dickson, TN
    I am very happy with the Lakland. I use it playing bluegrass and practice at home. Have a G&L LB-100 for everything else. I recently sold my Fender American Elite Jazz as I was not playing it after getting the G&L. I guess I am really looking in a zip code that I already have covered with the Lakland.