Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Head Advice Please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hobnob, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Hobnob

Hobnob

Jun 9, 2005
    Hi peeps, first post here :D
    I've needed a bigger amp for a while and I got a Peavey 410TVX cab off eBay. Can anyone recommend me a good head to go with it? I'm thinking of going for the Firebass 700 to keep everything Peavey but if there's a better option for the same price... ;)

Thanks,

Hobnob
    :bassist:

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Welcome to TB!!! You'll find that there are a great bunch of knowledgable bassists here.....on to your question.

The Peavey is a good head, but without a doubt IMO, the best bang for the buck is the head I proudly own....a Kustom GrooveBass 1200. For about $550-$600, you can get a brushed stainless steel head that'll pump out 800 watts @ 4 ohms and and earth-moving 1200 watts @ 2 ohms!!!

Lots of us here have them and it's a monster in the tone department!!!!

Ya gotta give this head an audition...here's a link.

www.kustom.com

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

+1000. A1 head. You WILL NOT find a better head new (not used) for under $600.

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hobnob,

I credit Quadzilla with informing me about the Groove Bass 1200. Other like jp1994 and Sutton were also very informative (and persuasive)

5. Ive never tried the other one they are describing, but i can tell you the firebass is a great head to combine with that cab!!!

6. ricosuave2093

ricosuave2093

Jun 9, 2005
    Oregon
    Hey Guys I'm new here but all your discussion about the Kustom Groove Bass 1200 has caused me to want to buy one. So I am ordering one Monday. And I will be pairing it with an Avatar B410 Pro 4ohm.
    I'm getting mine new for $469 including shipping. I will give further info after I get it here and make sure the price quote to me is good. But so far it all seems legite.