Head and cab...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davygravy3, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Davygravy3

Sep 21, 2000
    If I am looking to buy my first head and cab what do you think is a good way to go? I'd be playing jazz, and rock, and in a big auditorium. Any ideas? SWR 2004? Ampeg svt350h classic? B-2r half stack? thanks
  2. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL

Of those listed, I'd probably snag the B2R. I'm concerned about the 'large auditorium' thing. If you don't have PA support, you may have a problem with a 350 watt head. If I were to pick a single cab, it would be a 410 with horn. An issue: what, exactly, is a large auditorium? If it has excellent acoustics, you won't have a problem as long as your bandmates are on board as far as the volume thing goes. If it's a roller rink or a warehouse, it will be more difficult. The key is to play as a band and not as a collection of soloists.

Good luck!

3. Davygravy3

Sep 21, 2000
    do u mean 410 watts? also i currently have a 115 watt amp, and it fills the auditorium volume wise, we always have to jack up the treble on bass. its a brand new auditorium at my HS with acoustic panels and all, its hot. but sorta muddy
  4. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    If you think you want one, let me know. Excellent condition. I have two and am replacing one with a dual power amp and mixer for club work.