1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Head/cab ohms agreement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jwinton, Mar 30, 2015.

1. jwinton

jwinton

Apr 12, 2009
    I recently got an Acoustic 370 head & a Musicman 115 RH cab. I had the 370 looked @ by my amp guy & it got a clean bill of health. I dropped a new Eminence Kappalite 3015 in the cab but it was getting some crackling do I had the cab reworded with new 16 gauge wire. Now I'm just getting a very farty sound from this rig. I'm disappointed to say the least. I'm wondering if my problem is from the pairing of the 370 that wants to run @ 4 ohms with the 8 ohm kappalite of could it be that my G&L L-2000 is feeding too much input volume? I tried cutting the instrument volume some but didn't hear much difference. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts on why I'm getting the farty sound and/or how to fix my problem? Thanks in advance for all help.

2. Find a better fitting cab for the kappalite?

Afaik you have a solid state amp which is quite fine into 8 ohms.

The new driver has vastly different specs from whatever vintage one came out. It's probably chuffing madly while trying to massage your back.