1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

head-direct re0 ear buds- anyone try them?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by TOOL460002, May 12, 2010.

1. my buddy got these to replace his etymotics, which replaced his shures:

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38#

he said that aside from the mediocre sound isolation (which you can apparently fix with a new set of ear foam pieces) they are excellent. he compared the sound quality to shure se530s, which i assume is a good thing, as im quite happy with my much cheaper shures.

i was curious if anyones had them for a while, because the first thing that catches my eye is the wiring and how its connected. the pics are small, so i could be completely off here, but they dont look particularly durable to me.

ive had several pairs of ear buds break because they got caught on something and the wiring broke off. no matter how gently i intend to treat them, there is a 100% chance of me doing something stupid/neglectful like sitting on them or having them smashed into the corner of my luggage.

i dont expect any ear buds to survive being jumped on or anything, but i cant have the wires ripping out every time they catch on a door knob, because thats definitely going to happen with some regularity.

so... if youve got experience with this particular model and can comment on sound, comfort, and/or durability, thatd be much appreciated.

id also really like to hear from anyone who has swapped around the foam ear inserts and found a good match, because i have no use for ear buds that dont fit or seal right. i just need them to be able to keep out the noise from an airplane cabin. i doubt anything will completely shut out a strangers psychotic, crying baby, especially if its right behind you, but thats the possibly impossible goal to shoot for.

2. tbone409

tbone409

Feb 17, 2007
    kenosha, wi