1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Head for Peavey 1516?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kbaxter26, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Ok, I am totally satisfied with my 2000 Fender Jazz MIM. I really like the sound of my Peavey 300Combo head through my 1516. But, I need to find a nice lightweight head. I need it to play at Church through their PA system. However; I want to be able to use it with my 1516 as well. Top of my list Ampeg equipment. I am on a tight budget. No more than $250, used is ok. Suggestions? THANKS!

2. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig

Oct 8, 2009
    8,600 feet in the Colorado Rockies
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    A good used Hartke 4000 would be perfect. In your budget too.

3. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Hartke is awesome, also like the Peavey Headliner head. It's $349 new, but sometimes they knock 15% off before Christmas with their crazy sales, free shipping. Might find a used one on eBay from music123. Good luck and keep us posted :-0

4. Hard to recommend gear in that budget. Go out and see what is available used locally.

5. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I agree with CL400Peavey. You really should find a way to add $150 to your budget. It will make all the difference in better options.