Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

head for peavey tvx 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Mar 24, 2004.

1. i havnt actually got the peavey tvx cab yet but i tried it and it is very very very loud and very clean even at high volumes does any body own thsi cab what head do you use with it and does the cab have a place for casters or do you have to drill them in?

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I own the 410 txf (same thing only carpet covered).

I run a Hartke HA4000 into it (400 watts into 4 ohms). I love the Harkte head with this cab.

I would think any head, 400 watts into 4 ohms on up, would work great with that cab. However, whatever head you get make sure it gives you alot of tonal variety as I feel the Peavey 410 is a little too strong in the mids (though you may prefer that).

3. nice im think of getting teh behringer bx3000t head
    300 watts of tru bass it is extremly louder than the hartke 350 very very very much louder infact its probably double the hartke 350 and it sounds great!!! does that cab ahave a place for casters or do you have to drill them in

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    No, you have to drill them in.

I added wheels to the side of my cab at the bottom. I added a handle on top on the same side. Now I never have to remove the wheels as they are always out of the way.

I also added a board that is hinged on the very bottom. I can roll my cab in sideways and then tilt it back and swing out the board for a "tiltback" 410. I added two brackets to the top to keep my amp on it when tilted back. Now I don't ever have to lift the cab and put it up on something. Kind of like having a tiltback 210 combo...but with 410 power!!!