Head, heart, or groin??????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I had an acting class a while back where the teacher claimed that everyone's energy is centered more or less in one place - either their head, their heart, or their lower regions. We had to do an exercise where we centered ourselves around one of the regions and walked the way we felt such a person would walk (trying to feel that energy of course).

Anyhoooo... I've come to believe that what she said was true. We all seem to lean towards one of these more than another. Some people are very intellectual and calculated (head) - some are very emotionally run (heart) - and some people are very sexual and sensual (groin). There are varying degrees of all of this of course, as it's not often black and white.

Muiscally and artistically I think that carries over. Some examples IMO would be:

Hendrix - groin person
    Geddy Lee - head person
    Barry Manilow - heart person
    Keith Richards - heart person
    Mick Jagger - groin person
    Victor Wooten - head
    Jaco - a twisted mess of all 3 in their strongest form
    etc, etc....

I consider myself halfway between my heart and my groin.

What do you think you are, and what are your thoughts on some other musicians/bass players?
  2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Spleen or liver. Somewhere in between the groin and the heart.
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Heart. ....a nice, twisted,,, black one.
  4. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Heart, I find myself run by emotions...sad to say...cant seem to change that one...:rolleyes:
  5. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I tend to think around the small intestines.. or the rectum myself.. jk. "GOD I REALLY HOPE I DONT PASS GAS OR FART WHEN MY GIRL IS AROUND!!!"

Jim Morisson... groin man
    James Hetfeild heh.. liver man...
    (as for the rest of metallica)
    Bob Mould-head
    Frank Zappa- ..... im not really sure..
    maybe the anus?? who knows???
  6. hmm... somewhere in the esophagus

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Head, with a fair helping of groin thrown in there.
  8. sternum. my actions and such are lead by a good portion of heart, but groin and head both do some so...
  9. I'd say I'm very much a heart person.

But then again, I'm not entirely sure about that. I'd have to ask my friends for a less biased view of myself.
  10. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I'll use the G&L site's theoretical equation again:
    60% head, 30% groin, 10% heart.
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    80% head, 10% Heart, 10% Groin
  12. approx. 80% Head , 15% Groin , 5% Heart
  13. Actually, now that I think about it I think I'm probably more like 60% heart, 35% head, and 5% groin.
  14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Of those three choices, I'd say I'm somewhere between head and heart. I consider myself to be very intelligent, but find that my emotions often get the best of me. Unfortunately, my most predominant emotion is anger.

...but I'm trying to change that! ;)
  15. I don't think this takes into account people whose musical existence revolves around their wallet. :)
  16. 50% Heart, 50% Checkbook
  17. 75% head, 25% heart.