1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Head Noise: Nearly There!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Welsh_MItch, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Welsh_MItch

Welsh_MItch

Mar 3, 2016
    Hey guys! I play bass guitar & keytar in a Electronic Art-Punk trio called Head Noise from Aberdare, South Wales and we LOVE New Wave / Lo-fi music 1f600. Please check out our debut music below, we're trying to get to 1000 views by Saturday to coincide with our new mini-album launch. For lovers of early Human League, Sparks, Devo, Depeche Mode, The Vapors, Landscape, Clinic, The Fall, The Flaming Lips and Gary Numan. Thanks guys, it's much appreciated!

We supported Wolf Alice back in August which was great fun and I'd love to hear what you guys think!

Just so this post relates to Bass (because I'm no spammer): I also play an Epiphone Thunderbird bass live for 3-4 songs which has a GREAT thick sound. It has a custom paint job and I'll include photos soon. The name 'Head Noise' basically means tinnitus because I lost my mind when I thought I couldn't make music ever again suffering from this horrible condition. It's kind of why we don't have a drummer in the band haha.

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

Welsh_MItch : nice job! the vid is a lot of fun and nicely done, IMO. i'm not an expert on the genre, but the tune (and production) sounds great to my ears! thanks for sharing this! :thumbsup:

Welsh_MItch likes this.
  3. Welsh_MItch

Welsh_MItch

Mar 3, 2016
    @JRA

Thank you so much for your valued feedback! We all really appreciate it :) :bassist:

JRA likes this.
  4. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Good luck with the launch!
    I'll have to be honest and say I really didn't like the tune...that whole Human League/Depeche Mode style (which you've definitely fitted nicely into) just brings back bad memories.:)
    That said, you've got a very well-produced/played sound and I wish you every success.

Welsh_MItch likes this.
  5. Welsh_MItch

Welsh_MItch

Mar 3, 2016
    @Oddly

Thank you so much for the feedback also Oddly. It's nice to see supportive posts from people who aren't necessary fans of the style of the music mentioned regardless :D

Oddly likes this.