1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Head + Power conditioner + Rack Tuner ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lewibassist, May 12, 2004.

  1. Hiya I am going to buy a Furman power conditioner and a Korg rack tuner and i want to put them into my rack.I have never realy understood how to link my head to the tuner then them both to the Power conditioner.I have a Warwick Profet IV head. Would i need any different leads or just a standard guitar lead.I am new to building up a rack. I have used the head only for such a long time.

  2. tornadobass

    tornadobass Supporting Member

    Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Hook the tuner to the head with a short guitar cord...shielded. Try both going from the tuner to the head's input and from the head to the tuner through either the line out/effect out or tuner out. In some cases, the tone will change running through the tuner first.

    The furman just provides electrical power, so you simply plug both the tuner and the head into the furman and then use it to switch on both of them. You might want to buy or make a short cord from the amp to furman. The tuners have hardwired cords, so you're probably best just coiling it up with a velcro tie.
  3. Planet Boulder

    Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

    Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Just for clarification, by "plugging it in to the power conditioner", tornadobass is referring to the power cord of the amp and the tuner. Cables are not needed between power conditioners and those units.

    Think of a power conditoner as a glorified power strip in the sense that you use it as the electrical center for your rack.
  4. Thanks for the replies i think i understand now.I have one more question.I live in the uk and the power cord from my amp has a three pin plug on one end. And a plug you plug into the back of the head on the other . And i noticed that the furman has the same connection on the back of it as the head.Would i have to get the a lead with identical ends.I hope im making some sence its hard to explain.

  5. quallabone


    Aug 2, 2003
    Every power conditioner I've ever seen/used has had something like 6 outlets on the back to plug components into and a fixed cord to plug the conditioner into a power supply. Take a picture and show us what you mean. Do you mean that there is a male outlet on the back of the power conditioner? If so then I would guess this is to plug the unit into a power supply. Which model are you referring to?

    The pic on the left is a standard power conditioner. I don't know what outlet you're talking about though. On the right is my old Eden amp. Is the power outlet on that the one that is on your power conditioner?
  6. I think im getting there.My Power lead from head has a conection like your eden on the back exactly the same.But on the other end it has a tree pin end plug .And i noticed that the inputs on the back of the power conditioner have the same connection as on your eden.Do i have to get a lead with the same connection on both ends ? .i hope you can understand me im not very good at describing things.
  7. miccheck1516

    miccheck1516 Guest

    Feb 15, 2003

    Yes you need a lead with the same connection at both ends.