head question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by repair01, Jan 23, 2004.

1. repair01

Jul 18, 2003
    texarkana tx
    i've got an old(not sure how old though)fender bxr200.does anyone have one like because i want to know the exact power outputs on it.i've got a basic idea on how the power varies with different loads but i don't want to screw anything up cause i wasn't sure about it.
  2. repair01

Jul 18, 2003
    texarkana tx
    anyone even heard of the bxr200?
  3. RichBowman

Jan 15, 2004
    Cambridge, UK.

I used to have the Combo version, from what I remember it was 200w into 4ohms, with a 150w 15in speaker in the cabinet. Very loud.

If its any help you can get the user manual here:

All the best,

4. repair01

Jul 18, 2003
    texarkana tx
    thanks for the help
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I owned the combo version as well until the amp crapped out on me. I agree, it was very loud for 200w! I took the head out the cabinet and installed banana plug jacks in the rear and now use it as a stand alone cab. If I had one complaint it would be that 9 or 10 band eq section. I hated that thing! Gimme an amp with bass, mid and treble and and a couple of boost buttons and I'm good.
  6. He scores!

here's alink to the Fender "Mr Gearhead" site, where they have all kinds of manuals for old amps. This should take you directly to the .pdf of the manual

Fender BXR200 manual

I had one for a while, I bought it and fixed it up and sold it again. I didn't really care for the single volume knob, but I did like the EQ, and thought it was a pretty decent amp for the money. Kinda heavy though.

Hope it treats ya well!

Oh yeah, it looks like it will put out 200W @ 4ohms, so I wouldn't run it with less than that. I'd guess at 8 ohms you should see 120-150W, but it doesn't have any specs in the manual.

Stay Low!
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

If the head works, I'd leave it alone. Just find yourself a nice 4 ohm cab (or 2 8ohm cabs).