head rags

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 31, 2003.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It seems with young people today it is popular to where rags on their head in public. Does it seem that this is a fairly new thing. I know in the rapping community this seems to be a big fashion now. From what i understand the purpose of the rag is to keep ones hair down whille sleeping but why would one where it in their dayily activites. Any comments or expirence with these rags would be interesting to listen to. I do not put rags on my head.
  2. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well dude..
    honestly.. they aren't "rags"

There giant sized Condoms!

dont you notice the nipple on the top!?

:D :D :D :D
  3. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    People have been wearing rags on their heads for hundreds of years, young and old people. It's become fashionable lately. See DHC's post.
  4. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Just like all fashions, it comes and goes. Axl Rose did it in the early 1990's.

Actually I think someone could write a fascinating book on the social history of various head-coverings...
  5. I wear dew rags, especially at outside gigs. They keep my hair and sweat out of my eyes and nothing more. There is no fashion statement being made. As far as young kids, I'm 37 with nothing to prove so I have no idea where you get that.
  6. odie

odie Supporting Member

I wear an aluminum rag.

It keeps the mind reading beams from the goverment satellites from penetrating my brain and reading all my thoughts.
  7. i've been told they're called "do rags" because "they protect yo' do!"; your hair-do. dudes wear them so their corn-rows don't get messed up.
  8. I think this is what odie's rag looks like Here

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

That is what their called do rags they seem to be very popular with people in rap.
  10. "That's funny. Every generation keeps discovering something left over on the top shelf and thinks they come up with something new!"

-Charlie Mingus-
  11. Mael

Mar 25, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I wear bandana's, Hulk Hogan style, a lot. I like them and they keep me from getting a "Jew-fro." Were you referring to what rappers wear that look like pantyhose (tight and black) on their head, but with a nipple instead of a leg?
  12. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    That alien site is the funniest thing I have seen in weeks........maybe even as good as ILL Mitch!
  13. Alien mind control....dude, that's not funny..it could happen you know...thats why I wear this aluminum foil on my head...it works you know?:meh:

14. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I wear a bandanna usually if my hair starts getting to long to manage and I can't get a hair cut right away. Because of my face/head shape, I just never looked good in baseball caps, so I wear the rag instead. Luickly, I live in a rural area, so I don't have to worry about getting shot because of my bandanna.
  15. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    sorry, but the aluminum by itself doesn't work... you need to spray the rag with a mixture of Antifreeze and Powdered chocolate milk...

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Me too...holy cow that is funny stuff.....
  17. can we stop saying "rappers" and just come right out and say "black people" or is that not politically correct? :meh:
  18. odie

odie Supporting Member

Darn you beat me to it. I remembered seeing that sight and I was looking all over for it!!

It saved me from many alien altercations. Especially those weird spooky aliens you seen in the grocery store reading the latest "Star" or "inquirer".

I think they read those so they know where the next party or family reunion is!!
  19. odie

odie Supporting Member

So thats the trick!!! But how do you keep your dog from licking it then keeling over??