1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Head Reccomendation

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowend65, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Lowend65

Lowend65 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    I currently have an SWR workingmans 250 and its just not enough power. I like the sound, and the size. Currently runs a Carvin Redline 2x10 and a Old Peavey 2x15 with Carvin speakers.
    My old Peavey Mark 4 head has more than enough power, it just sounds like crap.

Can someone reccomend a head with similar tone with more like 500 watts that won't break the bank.

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I've had really good luck with Carvin's Redline series amps. I have an R600 right now that I think is awesome. It gets tons of tones and sounds great, IMO. It puts out 600 watts into 4 ohms and they sell for about $500.00 new, but you can find them on ebay for less.

You could also check out the B800 which puts out 800 watts into 2 ohms. The B Series amps are supposed to be killer and the B800 is only $429.00. Good luck.

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA

I second the B800. I played one and it's a good head at a good price

4. Carvin or GK.

5. Lowend65

Lowend65 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Carvin - well they have been good to me in the past.
    They are re-opening their Sacramento store in Dec and are supposed to have some pretty nutty deals to celebrate. Might have to haul myself out there