Head to use with B410 Avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassPlayerRH, Jun 25, 2003.

1. I've never had a stack (half stack, whatever), and I'm looking into it. Avatar's cab, the B410, seems like a great deal for under $400. My question, if I was to get this, what head would be the best bang for my buck? The cab puts out 1400 watts? Is it better to get this in 4 ohms if I'm not going to add on to the stack? If I do consider adding on, should I get it in 8 ohms? How many watts does the cab produce with 8 ohms?

P.S. How many watts would you recommend using to be heard along with a guitar with 200 watts?

2. Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    damn, what kind of guitar player needs 200 watts, honestly.

if you don't plan on adding another cab, get the 4 ohm. more power output.

if you do, then get the 8 ohm.

what kind of budget/sound are you after? there are TONS of heads available.

for ~$300 used, you can get a hartke 3500(350 watts at 4 ohms, 240? at 8), which is a great head, and has many favorable reviews my fellow TBers. it's really loud too, so it would compliment your loud a$$ guitarist.
  3. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I love SWR stuff and sounnds like your in a metal band because yer g-boy has that much power. SWR is great for metal. I am gonna get that cab soon as well:D :D

Try and find an SWR used. That would be great. Or maybe get a P.A. and a small sansamp and youll sound great. Thats what I am gonna do. Find a cheap QSC. 700 bux for a 1200 watt like that and the sansamp is 200.

Wow.......I just made a new dream rig. But when am I ever gonna get that?:confused:
  4. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Oh and get the 4 oh as you will hear from everyone else anyways.