Head to use with B410 Avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassPlayerRH, Jun 25, 2003.

1. I've never had a stack (half stack, whatever), and I'm looking into it. Avatar's cab, the B410, seems like a great deal for under $400. My question, if I was to get this, what head would be the best bang for my buck? The cab puts out 1400 watts? Is it better to get this in 4 ohms if I'm not going to add on to the stack? If I do consider adding on, should I get it in 8 ohms? How many watts does the cab produce with 8 ohms?

P.S. How many watts would you recommend using to be heard along with a guitar with 200 watts?

Thanks~

2. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    damn, what kind of guitar player needs 200 watts, honestly.

if you don't plan on adding another cab, get the 4 ohm. more power output.

if you do, then get the 8 ohm.

what kind of budget/sound are you after? there are TONS of heads available.

for ~$300 used, you can get a hartke 3500(350 watts at 4 ohms, 240? at 8), which is a great head, and has many favorable reviews my fellow TBers. it's really loud too, so it would compliment your loud a$$ guitarist.

3. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I love SWR stuff and sounnds like your in a metal band because yer g-boy has that much power. SWR is great for metal. I am gonna get that cab soon as well:D :D

Try and find an SWR used. That would be great. Or maybe get a P.A. and a small sansamp and youll sound great. Thats what I am gonna do. Find a cheap QSC. 700 bux for a 1200 watt like that and the sansamp is 200.

Wow.......I just made a new dream rig. But when am I ever gonna get that?:confused:

4. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Oh and get the 4 oh as you will hear from everyone else anyways.

5. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Ohm*