Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Head / Tuner / Jack Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xring, Sep 11, 2005.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Hello. On my Ampeg B4R, there is a tuner out jack on the rear. I have a new Korg DTR-1000 tuner. #1. Do I run from the tuner out on the head to the Korg input, thus leaving my bass plugged to the head while playing... or 2. Plug bass into the tuner and run the "out" into the "tuner out" on the head? #2 does not seem correct> out to out.
    I would like to utilize the tuner jack on the Ampeg, yet not have to plug the bass into the tuner in order to play - unless that's totally normal. Can someone set me straight on this one? Thanks, Randy
    ps: I'm afraid of trashing the tuner if I go "tuner out" on the head to the tuner input since the Kork says the input is for the bass. Same signal?? Yikes... :confused:

2. The tuner out jack is a low level signal meant to plug into your tuner input. The amp settings have no effect on the tuner signal. It is the same as plugging your bass direct to the tuner.

Bass - amp - tuner out - tuner. Leave it plugged in this way and tune away! :bassist:

3. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Just what I needed. Thanks.