Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Headin' To Maui For My Honeymoon!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fclefgeoff, May 29, 2003.

1. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Can anyone reccomend any places that are a "MUST SEE"? I'd prefer places a bit off the beaten path (you know, nothing too touristy). Also, any good music stores to check out?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey Geoff! When are you getting married? I'm getting married on June 28th but we're just going to Monterrey Bay area of California for our honeymoon. We don't have a whole lotta money to spend but we're excited. Congrats...I'm right there with ya!

brad cook

3. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Ours is June 7 and there is far too much to do before then!:p Monterrey Bay sounds like a great time! Good luck and congratulations to you too, Brad!

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    PM Jonathan Starr, he lives in Maui!

Real nice guy, he stopped in Bass Central a couple weeks ago. I'm sure if he's in town, he'll be able to let you know where you MUST go.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i've been to waikiki beach (man i can't spell anything) twice doing gigs - not much time to do anything, but it was a real treasure!

have fun and congrats! :)

6. we have a very close friend who is from hawaii. if he were here i would ask him for you. sigh. however, he is in iraq. i would guess though the whole of hawaii is beautiful. congrats on up coming wedding. and the most important thing about your honeymoon-------enjoy it. hope you have a wonderful time. :D

7. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Thanks for all of the kind wishes and replies.

:D

8. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Not sure about off the beaten path, but...

Haleakala crater is cool. World famous sunrise, nice bike ride on the way down.

Hana highway is a fun drive.

Paia is a cool windsurfing town.

Again, these are popular sites but worth seeing none the less.

9. fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Thanks, babadingding. I guess I kinda realize that with Hawaii there aren't too many places that are off the beaten path. Although I have never been there, I believe that avoiding tourists is probablly near impossible. :p
    I just didn't want to be like the rest of the sheep...;)

10. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I should have mentioned...something else about Hana highway...if you are known to occasionally smoke certain strong herbs, this is a good place to find them. I believe the locals call it pakalolo(??) and they sell it all over this highway.

Also, Lahaina is a major port and thereby a good spot to find a fishing, snorkeling, scuba, or booze cruise boat. There's also a huge banyan tree there that's pretty impressive.

11. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    o_O!!

Goodluck and CONGRATS! geoff!

I could make a really perverted joke about honeymooons, right now, but ill refrain.:bassist:

I cant to get married, ya know, Most the times i try to keep my bass playing and drum, down so the neighbors dont call the cops, but on my wedding night, Police will be swarming my place within 5 minutes, complaing of noise problems ;)