1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Heading to Nashville

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by blong1, Mar 4, 2003.

1. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    hey all, my band has a gig this Friday night in Nashville at the Gibson Showcase at the Oprymills mall. we are spliting the gig with some awesome cats from Nashville called Mink. from what i hear, the Showcase has only had country and bluegrass bands to play there. but this weekend, they are starting this independant artist night/deal and we are the first band to play. now, i have a question.

has anyone in Nashville heard of this yet? cause see, we are a hard rock band and i didn't know if the Showcase was advertising the event or if i needed to expect the regular crowd (who will be expecting to hear country music...man do they have a surprise in store!!!:D :D )

anyway, if any of you don't have anything to do and are in the area, come check us out and introduce yourselfs. we start at 9:00 and Mink follows directly afterwards.

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    thats a really good palce to play.. i think you'll be ok because of the natural crown in the mall on a friday night. if we werent inhot lanta i'd roll out the nashville welcoming comitee. good luck and go to jillinas in the mall!:bassist:

3. Ghosta

Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    funny, i may be moving there.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    nashville's cool

i have been there once and to that mall.

my brother moved there after he hit it big with the dixie chicks

don't forget to check out the ryman theater