Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Heading to Nashville

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by blong1, Mar 4, 2003.

1. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    hey all, my band has a gig this Friday night in Nashville at the Gibson Showcase at the Oprymills mall. we are spliting the gig with some awesome cats from Nashville called Mink. from what i hear, the Showcase has only had country and bluegrass bands to play there. but this weekend, they are starting this independant artist night/deal and we are the first band to play. now, i have a question.

has anyone in Nashville heard of this yet? cause see, we are a hard rock band and i didn't know if the Showcase was advertising the event or if i needed to expect the regular crowd (who will be expecting to hear country music...man do they have a surprise in store!!!:D :D )

anyway, if any of you don't have anything to do and are in the area, come check us out and introduce yourselfs. we start at 9:00 and Mink follows directly afterwards.

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    thats a really good palce to play.. i think you'll be ok because of the natural crown in the mall on a friday night. if we werent inhot lanta i'd roll out the nashville welcoming comitee. good luck and go to jillinas in the mall!:bassist:

3. Ghosta

Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    funny, i may be moving there.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    nashville's cool

i have been there once and to that mall.

my brother moved there after he hit it big with the dixie chicks

don't forget to check out the ryman theater