Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

headless bass strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by eric arcia, Jul 9, 2004.

1. hey i live in mexico and have a hohner B2V headless 5 string bass. the problem is i have only been able to find the strings for a 4 string headless, any advice?

2. I suggest ordering these string online at.......

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/

Elites Bass Double Ball End
    Rotosound Bass Double Ball End
    Picato Flatwound Double Ball End

They have good prices and hard to find strings also!

Good luck!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    ... and I recommend Status Graphite "Hotwire" strings. Both of my headless basses use their flatwounds. They ship worldwide:

Status Graphite "Hotwires"

5. try www.musicyo.com
    If your bass has the same scale as their Steinbergers you should be able to get a good price. Shoot them an email.

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I'll ditto HeavyDuty's recommendation for the Status Hotwires. I use them on my Status S2000 and my Hohner B2ADB and think they're excellent.

I'm interested in hunting for a B2V, but no one can give me the neck width at the zero fret, and the string spacing at the bridge. If you have a moment, and don't mind throwing a ruler across them, I'd be very grateful.

7. thanks for the advice guys... dharma i will pass u the measurements before wednesday. bye!