1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headless hardware on ebay

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LGT, Apr 10, 2010.

1. I'm planning on building a headless bass. I was looking for headless hardware on ebay, and this came up.
    The least expensive hardware on allparts is almost $300. This is $50. I can't afford super expensive stuff, so if I'd like to try to save money. has anyone used this? If so, is it usable, or is it absolute crap? If it is crap, then can you recommend some good, affordable headless hardware?
    Thanks- LGT

2. bump, anyone?

3. It's double ball end stringing with that item - might be a problem getting strings in some areas. I'd ask the seller for better pictures.

4. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

LGT, I just got one in the mail. Looks to be sturdy and heavy too. The string retainer at the end of the neck is for the ball end, the bridge has 4 separate spools, so regular strings will work. Not for double ball end strings. I'm using this bridge for a headless tele bass project.

5. DavidCertain

DavidCertain

May 7, 2008
    St. Louis
    Sole Proprietor, CertainBass
    I got one of the $50 tuner/bridges just to check it out. What I do like is it's a cool design. What I don't like is it's heavy, and the tuning ratio seems pretty poor. I'm going to try the one at AllParts next.