Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Headless nuts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've done the search, and come up with nuffin. Are there headless nuts wider than 1.52"? I'm looking at getting a headless Moses neck for my bass, but I may want a wider nut, to get out of the J feel and into something closer to a P (but not quite that wide). Whazzup?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'm not sure if you're looking for this:

ABM 4-String Headless Bass System, Black, Adjustable String Spacing 2-1/4" to 2-1/2, w/screws

go to www.allparts.com and do an advanced search for "headless"

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yeah, I did that search before I posted. They are refering to bridge spacing, not nut spacing. I find that nut spacing makes a much bigger impact (to me) on how a bass feels. I'm sick of skinny necks, and I want something meatier. Mmm, meat.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You could ask Basslab's Heiko in the luthier forum, he builds quite a lot of headless basses.

5. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

All Moses bass necks are available headless as an option - so if one of the non-Steinberger necks fits what you want you can get it headless. Drop them an email, Steve is very responsive (he's answered a couple of my off-the-wall questions quickly).