1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Headless nuts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've done the search, and come up with nuffin. Are there headless nuts wider than 1.52"? I'm looking at getting a headless Moses neck for my bass, but I may want a wider nut, to get out of the J feel and into something closer to a P (but not quite that wide). Whazzup?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'm not sure if you're looking for this:

ABM 4-String Headless Bass System, Black, Adjustable String Spacing 2-1/4" to 2-1/2, w/screws

go to www.allparts.com and do an advanced search for "headless"

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yeah, I did that search before I posted. They are refering to bridge spacing, not nut spacing. I find that nut spacing makes a much bigger impact (to me) on how a bass feels. I'm sick of skinny necks, and I want something meatier. Mmm, meat.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You could ask Basslab's Heiko in the luthier forum, he builds quite a lot of headless basses.

5. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

All Moses bass necks are available headless as an option - so if one of the non-Steinberger necks fits what you want you can get it headless. Drop them an email, Steve is very responsive (he's answered a couple of my off-the-wall questions quickly).