Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Headless nuts

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Benjamin Strange, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'm considering putting a headless Moses neck on my bass, but I want a wider nut than what seems to be availabe (1.52"). I'm looking for something a bit closer to a P nut spacing, around 1.625". Know of any available, or somebody who could make one?

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    If custom is an option, <a href=http://www.kingbass.com>David King</a> is a luthier who only (as far I know) does headless basses. I don't know what the situation is on whether he'd do just a neck, or if he does graphite, but it's worth a try. Other companies you might consider who do graphite stuff are Zon, Status, and Steinberger (the latter 2 do entirely graphite basses). If these are avenues you've already gone down, sorry I couldn't help. Good luck :bassist:

3. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Headless is an option on all the Moses necks - so if there's one with the spacing and heel dimensions you need then you can get it made headless. Email Moses and they'll help get you set up with what you want.