Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Headless tuners?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by bassteban, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Anyone know where to get them? I'm looking specifically for ABM brand, but interested in anything. Thanks.

2. Status Graphite sells some nice ones for a very fair price. They were a good company to deal with.

3. Thank you.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Ditto Status for the single headless tuners; they're also made by ABM and high quality, but I beleive Rob has the headpiece made himself. Excellent customer service.

The 3 piece ABMs used on Sei basses and the like are available from Allparts or any of their dealers such as bestbassgear. Note the pix of the old fixed saddle bridges on the Allparts site are out of date; I contacted Allparts and one of their staff personally viewed one out of the packaging and showed it with the 'roller' bridge assembly and it was what showed up after ordering.

I have both types and they're excellent.

5. Thank you. Bass players are so supportive.

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Out of curiousity, what are you building or having built?

7. - nothing headless, not yet anyway. I'm slowly struggling through two 5 string EUB's, but they will have conventional tuners, as well as headstocks. I got a fretless 5 string mini bass guitar(for my 5 yr-old son)about 90% done, then re-did a bunch of stuff on it. I'm waiting for a pickup right now.

8. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I have seen the ABM stuff listed here not cheap, but I'm sure you get what you pay for.