1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Headless wonders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rojo412, Jan 24, 2001.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    We just got a Steinberger bass used the other day at work. I didn't think much of it, other than "I wish I had one of those for travel." But every time I walk by it, I keep thinking "I WANT IT!!!!!"

It's one of the single piece graphite models. It has the EMG active PUs and the roto-strap thingee. The kickstand was gone though. Which one is that? The XL-2?

Also, what is the going rate for those? Yeah, the blue books say a number, but I don't know how accurate they are. Ours is marked at $799. What has anyone seen these going for recently? How about when they were new?

2. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Definitely sounds like an XL-2. If it's in any kind of shape, $799 is a good price. Jump on it. I just picked up an XL-2 and I love it.

Bones

3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    It's practically mint. But I just got 2 new basses in the last 45 days, so I have to get rid one or 2 before I start getting more. Thanks for the help.