Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Headless wonders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rojo412, Jan 24, 2001.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    We just got a Steinberger bass used the other day at work. I didn't think much of it, other than "I wish I had one of those for travel." But every time I walk by it, I keep thinking "I WANT IT!!!!!"

It's one of the single piece graphite models. It has the EMG active PUs and the roto-strap thingee. The kickstand was gone though. Which one is that? The XL-2?

Also, what is the going rate for those? Yeah, the blue books say a number, but I don't know how accurate they are. Ours is marked at $799. What has anyone seen these going for recently? How about when they were new?

2. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Definitely sounds like an XL-2. If it's in any kind of shape, $799 is a good price. Jump on it. I just picked up an XL-2 and I love it.

Bones

3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    It's practically mint. But I just got 2 new basses in the last 45 days, so I have to get rid one or 2 before I start getting more. Thanks for the help.