Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

headphone amp recommendations?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by billoetjen, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I play a passive dual p/u Ibanez and usually use an Ampeg BA110 for practice (absolutely love it).
    But sometimes I just want to carry the gig bag and that's it.
    Can someone suggest from experience one of the little pocket headphone amps? I'd like something (with compression) for under $100.

Thanks and please accept my apologies if you've heard this one too many times already.

Bill
    billoetjen@fastermac.net

2. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    The Korg Pandora is the best for this purpose ... it has a mini drum machine built in, as well as some amp models.

3. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yes, but the Pandora has the different beats & metronomes, cabs, amps, effects, tuner, and a few different 'training modes'.

I find the training modes on the pandora to be um, passable, but not great.

With the CD in though, you can plug into your computer, mp3 player, etc, which is nice. I plug my laptop in, and have different playlists on iTunes for different types of practicing. I haven't practiced with a real amp in over a year, besides with my band.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well, more than one thread in the same day from the same person on the same subject is silly. If memory serves, the original post here is identical to the one in the amps forum. No one likes a spammer. Erase one of the threads bro.

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.