1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

headphone amp recommendations?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by project_c, Apr 28, 2009.

1. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    i'm looking for a headphone amp, i'm not too familiar with what's out there but ideally it would need to have the following things:

- decent sound quality for bass
    - audio input (for ipod etc)
    - an extra output for recording would be useful
    - metronome

does something like this exist?

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    With the exception of the metrognome :D feature look for a used Raven LAbs PHA-1, these are great for all kinds of uses. There is a possibility of these being available new again in the (I hope, not too distant) future.

3. Zoom makes a bass effects pedal with a headphone out, built in drum loops, and a usb recording out. Don't know about the aux in for an iPod though.

4. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    thanks for those suggestions, the Raven Labs PHA-1 looks great but I'll never find one in the UK if they've not been in production for a while - shame.

re. the Zoom amp, it looks great but aux audio in/out is a must. Also, with aux audio in, I guess there'll be no need for a metronome. There must be something decent out there that's able to do this...

5. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA