1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Headphone amp suggestions. . .

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kingbreaker, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Kingbreaker

Kingbreaker

Feb 12, 2013
    That ARE NOT the Vox Amplug. I have one (two, actually) and they don't cut it. Massively hissy + muddy tone.

(And yes, I have already eliminated the headphones as a factor in the equation.)

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Korg Pandora

3. 3 leaf audio Enabler. EQ/DI/headphone amp. Just got it to replace my old pandora. The Pandora sounded to synthetic and the input jack would crackle often, which was not fun. The Enabler sounds super clean.

4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Cafe Walter.

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Yup - love my PX4B... I bought it used for around $70, IIRC - over 5 years ago, and use it all the time...

- georgestrings

6. HuntYouDown

HuntYouDown

Jan 3, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Pocket Rockit, mine still going strong after 10 yrs. 9 volt clean/bright/distortion channels. Also, volume/filter controls. Very satisfied with mine.

7. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    The H1 or it's Micro little brother from [SFX] (sfxsound.co.uk)

8. I normally practice at home with headphones and to get closest sound to my rig ill run my sans amp RBI into a digitech jamman pedal (which has a headphone out) I also have a pod hd which I use in my main rig as an effects processor (no amp modeling) so if I'm feeling lazy or want to mess around with effects ill use just the pod split the signal in the pod to have a stereo rig with the ampeg model on one side and a dry signal on the other. Then I pan them both to mono and mess with effects and the looper to keep practice fun. I've got some wacky patches on that thing. Ping plng or digital Delay and subtle reverb for tapping but My favorite is actually the particle reverb and the octave reverb run into each other with the dry signal cut completely out. It's slow but it sounds insane. Kinda like a weird synth swell. The tone bender fuzz copy is pretty decent for practicing but I still prefer the sans amp for grit live. The whammy simulator ill use in all kinds of situations. Some times just to detune my "bass" a full step for a second in a song or as part of a multi effect patch.

9. mindwell

mindwell Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    +1. The fidelity of the headphone amp is unreal. And I love the musicality of the eq. I'm actually using it as a front end going into my Alembic F-1X. Perfect match.