Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Headphone amp with line in for ipod

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AJClone, Nov 3, 2004.

1. AJClone

AJClone

Mar 11, 2002
    Iowa
    I've done some searching but haven't found exactly what I'm after yet (I'm sure it's out there somewhere).

I'm looking for a good tool to use for playing along with an ipod with headphones (or earphones). I'd like to be able to mix in the bass - nothing spectacular but just be able to play along with the music on the ipod and hear bass on both sides. Any other features would be icing..mainly looking for a playalong tool to use with bass and ipod.

Thanks!

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Korg Pandora is quite a classic on this field, plus it adds a number of rhythm tracks, tuner and effects for extra fun.

Also some other manufacturers have similar stuff, I think I recall Tascam having one with build-in cd-player, as well as some other brand.

3. AJClone

AJClone

Mar 11, 2002
    Iowa
    Thanks for the info. I've seen the pandora and tascam...I really don't need all their frills though - the effects and such (and the added cost) and am really simply looking for a unit that will let me plug bass and ipod (or other input) into it and play along.

4. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
  5. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    I second the Pandora suggestion. Great headphone amp for practising.

I find using a bit of compression and reverb make the sound a little more "natural" in the headphones.

Some of the frills have come in handy for me, like the tuner and metronome.

6. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
  7. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

The EA iAmp series may not seem like a rational suggestion, but they do work exceptionally well for this, if you happen to need a nice bass amp in the same box. ;)