1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headphone Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Count Bassie, Feb 22, 2008.

1. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
  2. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    +1000

compared to other $50-ish headphones amp, it is very good. SIMPLE and solid.

M

3. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Well this is a pretty nice little brochure at this point. I'm going to be looking at that Tascam CD machine I think, as I'm learning some stuff that's getting sent to me for a few summer gigs, and in my neighborhood we're still using CDs... I say that realizing this is the end of the CD era. That's allright, 'cause I was learning Led Zeppelin riffs off 8-track tapes when I first started playing, and that was at the end of the 8-track era! :cool:

Thanks for the conversation and offerings, everyone!

4. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    I've got one of these and I absolutely love it. Got it for christmas, my dad got everyone mp3 players this year, and this was the one he got me. I use it as a headphone amp quite often, was using it as a tuner for a while too until I got a better one. I usually use it to practice along with by hooking it up to my receiver and playing through my stereo. The bass boost feature can distort things easily, especially on a really heavy bass song. The bass cut doesnt really eliminate the bass line, it s more like cutting the low end on an eq. The ability to change pitch and tempo is really helpful.
    For some reason they don't come with headphones. I grabbed a cheap pair of sony monitor headphones from walmart and they actually sound great.

5. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I appreciate the deference on your part... but now I'm looking at the MKII CD! Probably perfect for what I need to do with it. Thanks also for the heads-up!

I've become quite the Tascam poster-boy, between the 788, an M-30 mixer, and now this...

6. Gertok

Gertok

Jan 6, 2008
    SLC
    Boss micro BR

7. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    I was looking at the cd one too, I would have bought one if I was the one paying for it, but since I didnt have to pay a cent for the mp3 one, who am I to complain :]

8. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

I've tried most of 'em. IMO Pocket rocket is best because it's 1/4" jack fits directly into your bass. All you need is one cable and 'phones. It's the smallest, lightest and easiest to use. On the other hand, if you want the drum patterns, tuner or other functions, the Pandora is great.

9. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    I know this thread is old but for future searches I'll add my 2 cents. I just gave my lil practice amp to my dad so I had nothing to play through when I'm sitting in front of the tube. Watching the football game I wanted to play and then I remembered something. About 6 years ago I bought a danelectro honeytone guitar mini amp for a Halloween costume (I was Angus Young---tight!). I figured what the nut, might as well try it. Wow I am surprised. It sound great through my crappy little earbud headphones--really I cant believe how good it sounds...of course it has to be played at a quiet level or it will distort but it goes plenty loud enough to hear and practice with a good tone. You could probably jack to vol up if you had real headphones. You can actually play it w/o headphones at low volume and it is passable for sure. I am impressed. These cost 20$ and accept 9v battery or adapter. They do not have an aux in but at 20$ it might be the cheapest and easiest headphone practice rig you can find. So there is some info for ya! Enjoy

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Danelectro N10B Honey Tone Mini Amp in Burgundy