1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Headphone jack for Fender Rumble 200 head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fluffyboy, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Fluffyboy

Fluffyboy

May 24, 2018
    Hi all,
    Does anyone out there use a Fender Rumble head? I want to use headphones for playing at home, but my regular headphones (standard Sony phones) don't fit the phones input in the back. The input is too small for a regular guitar lead jack, but also doesn't seem to accomodate a small headphone jack. Am i missing something here? Hope you can help.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space CA
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Giffro likes this.
  3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Sure looks like a standard 1/8" (same as 3.5mm) TRS jack to me.

There is also a 2.5mm version, but I can't think of anybody who uses that one.

Giffro and Stumbo like this.
  4. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Should be the same as my Rumble 500C which is a 3.5mm TRS standard headphone output. I tried my set of Vox amphones with the standard 3.5mm TRS and they fit fine..slightly had to push a tad as i never usually use headphones but with a slight push in they fit and work fine.
    I assume the OP isnt trying to fit an unusual 3.5 mm 4-conductor TRRS plug? Some of my wife's headphones have those plugs with the extra ring for her computer or something..probably for the mic..anyway the experts should be able to help soon..hang in there.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. Fluffyboy

Fluffyboy

May 24, 2018
    Thanks for that Giffro, all good now. I feel like an idiot, but I was just not pushing the jack in hard enough, as it didn't feel right and I didn't want to damage the input if it was the wrong sized jack. And Agedhorse - thanks for your previous advice on getting the 200 instead of the 500 for my EV box. I'm very happy with the Rumble 200. Sounds great.

agedhorse and Giffro like this.
  6. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    No need to feel like that Fluffyboy as I had the same problem trying to fit my headphones in just awhile ago to test out your problem...yes the socket is a bit tight and needs a gentle persuasion to go in loll
    Wander over to the Rumble club and ask any question on the rig you like. Link below.
    Fender Rumble Club

Fluffyboy likes this.
  7. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    I'm with agedhorse and Giffro. Looks like a standard 1/8", AKA 3.5mm to me.

Sorry I couldn't find it specified on the website nor the manual!

Glad to read that it got sorted.

8. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    *Note. Info taken from Rumble 500 manual but still covers the 40, 100, 200 and 500 heads and combos.
    The manual pic shows the Headphone Jack description but as G-Dog stated the size of the plug is not mentioned, although from this pic you can clearly see that the headphone jack size (and Aux In) is a small 1/8" (3.5mm) sized hole compared to the standard ext spkr out/effects loop/footswitch jacks which are "normal" 1/4" (6.3mm) size.
    Fender Rumble Headphone Specs.JPG

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Linnin likes this.