1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headphone plug repair

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tomass, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    Ive Been trying for the last hour to get my Senhheiser HD202's to work again, so i bought a new plug. Now i found some how-to guides on the waysd of doing this, i managed to get only the right phone working. Now after many attempts this is really starting to pi$$ me off, the wires are painted and i took upon the advice to burn off the paint, still no luck. Do i have to chuck out this S*****ty head phones ? im in no finnancial situation to get new ones and i dont settle for cheap sony buds as ive broken about 5 pairs.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Have you thought about taking apart the old plug to see how it's connected and to see what you're doing differently? I will sometimes "reverse engineer" things like that if I can't figure it out.

bc

3. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    The cables for head phones are notoriously difficult to work with, since they have to be so flexible and yet quite strong. They're often more fibre than copper. Very tricky to solder.

My Sennheisers (HD 570) have a detachable/exchangable cord. I'd never buy expensive head phones with fixed cables.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021